Mums & Chums
Welcome to Mums and Chums, if you are not a member, why not join us?

x

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mums & Chums
Welcome to Mums and Chums, if you are not a member, why not join us?

x
Mums & Chums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you feel about setting goals?

3 posters

Go down

How do you feel about setting goals?

How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_lcap60%How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_lcap20%How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_lcap20%How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_lcap0%How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_lcap0%How do you feel about setting goals? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

How do you feel about setting goals? Empty How do you feel about setting goals?

Post by tootsie_bug Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:38 pm

In my diet blog recently, I was talking about my weight loss goals and I mentioned that my leader feels that setting yourself a long term goal weight is demotivating and prefers us to simply work towards our silver sevens or the next stone until we reach a point where we feel that we have lost enough and can start maintaining. She's not the only one that has said this to me - the first week I joined this class it was a different leader (who left the following week) and she said the same thing. I had to insist that she write down my long term goal.

It's got me thinking. It suits me to have a range of goals. I set some time limits but only as I approach them so that they are more realistic. However, I realise that this would not suit everyone and I suppose I just got curious about how everyone else feels, so I've set up this poll. Please feel free to vote and to leave a comment behind.

Lx
tootsie_bug
tootsie_bug
Silver Member
Silver Member

Female
Number of posts : 593
Personal :
How do you feel about setting goals? 116
How do you feel about setting goals? Th_ilo11
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about setting goals? Empty Re: How do you feel about setting goals?

Post by Angela Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:51 pm

i like having a long term goal, i want to get down to 11 and half stone but when you see you have to lose 36 pounds to get there it can be a bit disheartening.

so i set my self little targets such as getting to 7 lbs loss or for me going up the road to visit family who i haven't seen since january i wanted to lose 20 pounds and guess what i have lost 23 pounds and still have 2 weeks to go woo hoo x x x

Angela

Female
Number of posts : 22150
Job/hobbies : childminder
Humor : Sarky bugger
JOBS :
How do you feel about setting goals? Mod_bl10
EBAY ID : abba1772
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about setting goals? Empty Re: How do you feel about setting goals?

Post by susanne Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:38 pm

i have set myself mini goals!!!!

susanne
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Female
Number of posts : 7348
Job/hobbies : MVG Asda , Mummy
JOBS : How do you feel about setting goals? Mod_bl10
How do you feel about setting goals? Mod_bl10
Personal : How do you feel about setting goals? Bboy-010
How do you feel about setting goals? Bgirl-10
How do you feel about setting goals? Love-010
How do you feel about setting goals? Rnqb3610
How do you feel about setting goals? Sales_10
How do you feel about setting goals? Slimme10
How do you feel about setting goals? Ebay2110

EBAY ID : mrscorkill1985
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down