Mums & Chums
Welcome to Mums and Chums, if you are not a member, why not join us?

x

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mums & Chums
Welcome to Mums and Chums, if you are not a member, why not join us?

x
Mums & Chums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slimming World & Pregnancy

4 posters

Go down

Slimming World & Pregnancy Empty Slimming World & Pregnancy

Post by kirsty Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:09 pm

Did you know that as an expectant mum you can still go along to Slimming World groups and continue Food Optimising? Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet is an ideal way to prevent excess weight gain and help towards a healthy pregnancy. If you’re expecting a little bundle of joy, or thinking of becoming a mum, read on…

“I’m about to qualify as a midwife and I frequently see women with a BMI of over 30, suffering from serious health problems in pregnancy due to their weight. These problems range from gestational diabetes and high blood pressure to caesarean sections because babies have grown too large to be born naturally.

“It’s so refreshing to find a 'diet' that is so healthy and well-balanced that I can recommend it to pregnant women. I will certainly be endorsing it and hopefully will see these women benefit from much fewer health problems”. Michelle Southam

Healthy and safe for you and babyWe know that weight concerns don’t just disappear when a mum-to-be discovers the happy news. The thought of ‘normal’ weight gain during pregnancy can be quite harrowing, especially for someone wanting to lose weight.

Food Optimising is a healthy, nutritious eating plan, encouraging you to eat as much food as you like, rather than operating as a restrictive diet. Slimming World members can continue to Food Optimise to obtain a healthy, well-balanced diet throughout their pregnancy.*

New mum Claire Mascall from Lancashire lost an amazing 9st 1½lbs with Slimming World.

“After I began to lose weight I was overjoyed to find that I was pregnant. I continued going to group with the consent of my midwife and it led to me having a very healthy pregnancy. The only weight I gained was baby weight and after I gave birth to Casey I was able to recover from my caesarean quickly because my body is so healthy. My midwife was so impressed that she’s suggested Slimming World to several mums-to-be!”

Food Optimising recipes are based around filling and delicious Free Foods, that are ideal for enjoying a healthy balanced diet during your pregnancy. Choosing a wide variety of foods such as calcium-rich milk and cheese, whole grains, as well as plenty of fruit and vegetables will help towards a really balanced diet. Your midwife or doctor will be able to discuss the latest dietary recommendations regarding pregnancy and breast-feeding
with you.

Baby Body Magic
Pregnancy doesn’t have to mean inactivity and for most pregnant women, regular activity will be highly beneficial. Being fit is an advantage both in the pregnancy and recovery period.

Vigorous exercise, however, should be avoided. Gentle activity that doesn’t leave you short of breath, overheated or overly tired is generally recommended.

Walking is a great way to keep active during pregnancy and the support of the water makes swimming a good option too.

It’s important to consult your GP or midwife before starting any exercise, particularly if you haven’t been active prior to your pregnancy. Your GP or midwife should be able to advise on suitable activity or even recommend local classes such as ‘aqua-natal’ for
mums-to-be.

Your Consultant will be more than happy to help and advise you throughout your pregnancy. You’ll also receive a handy pregnancy booklet from group, containing a guide to calcium-rich foods and breastfeeding advice.

We wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

*Because weight loss during pregnancy needs careful monitoring, we require you to obtain the consent of your midwife to continue attending group.
kirsty
kirsty
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 21605
Job/hobbies : student nurse/nhs24
Humor : silly/sarky lol
JOBS : site admin
Personal : Slimming World & Pregnancy Daughter_2
Slimming World & Pregnancy Genius10
Slimming World & Pregnancy 81v5aoxdexht5
EBAY ID : kirstyb393
Registration date : 2008-05-24

https://bump2baby.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Slimming World & Pregnancy Empty Re: Slimming World & Pregnancy

Post by mummymoo Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Ooh thats useful to know as I have at least another 2stone to go and I was dreading gaining back the 1.5stone I have lost already.
mummymoo
mummymoo
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Female
Number of posts : 282
Personal : Slimming World & Pregnancy Happil11
Slimming World & Pregnancy Diet_b10

Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by elaine Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:09 am

ooh thats good isnt it! bit late for me lol
elaine
elaine
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 18224
Job/hobbies : Martial Arts Mum ( god i love that LOL)
Humor : losing it(my mind) gradually......
JOBS : Slimming World & Pregnancy Elaine10
Personal : I love Taekwondo, it really is a way of life i dont know why i never done it sooner. Teamed that with the gym & Zumba and its a whole new me from the beginning of 2012... And i love it Smile
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by aims Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:14 pm

will have to tell my consultant i guess, so that i can get MW approval
aims
aims
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Female
Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mummymoo Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:47 pm

i gave up after 3 weeks of huge gains! am now 3stone heavier than i was last summer so have 5stone to lose altogether now
mummymoo
mummymoo
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Female
Number of posts : 282
Personal : Slimming World & Pregnancy Happil11
Slimming World & Pregnancy Diet_b10

Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by aims Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:11 am

I didn't do too well at this, and have 2.5st to lose to get back down to my target...
aims
aims
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Female
Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kirsty Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:00 pm

aww you will get there

xx